Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day One of Unraveling


I just came from decades (yes, more than 20 years) of knowing what I want and yet not being able to celebrate it. I finally enjoyed the things I wanted after years of mulling over them with the following questions:
1) Does society tolerate my sexual preference?
2) Will my straight friends accept me?

When every child was thinking how simple life was, I was being tortured with thoughts of how complex mine would be if I pursued my alternative life. I would later find out that any which way I went, mine was complex.

I enjoyed having relationships with guys like me, but not in broad daylight. Somehow, all the wonderful connections I had with such people were all cast under a shadow of escape. I felt and I still feel that my whole life is like one cold drizzly day. Everything's nonchalant.

The worse part of having such a reclusive persona is the reality that my fantasies are as pedestrian as the straight person's fantasies.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! I was just reading your comment on one of my entries. I'm looking forward to your future entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the journey. glad to exchange something with someone here.

    ReplyDelete